Established in 1909, Lansing City Market provides the Greater Lansing region and its visitors a one-of-a-kind shopping experience in a family friendly environment. While the City Market will always welcome visitors from around the region, our core customer is dramatically shifting towards a trendier downtown-minded resident. This highly desirable market population is just beginning to take strong root in the city’s center, casting a virtual shadow over the City Market. For businesses looking to attract the ever-growing downtown customer, the Lansing City Market offers a unique and affordable solution. The right business, with the right plan, will be afforded significant opportunity in the coming year from this growing trend downtown.
Let’s start a conversation about growing your business at the Lansing City Market. With our sights directed at a very specific demographic, we are looking for entrepreneur-minded partners to provide an outstanding mix of retail offerings. If you have a growing business or idea and think you would be a great fit with the Market’s current offerings we’d love to
About the Market
The Market has strengthened Lansing’s downtown corridor by creating a welcoming home for many full time merchants and seasonal vendors. Currently, the Market features a wide variety of goods including: local produce, artisan cheese, fresh flowers, grocery items, gifts, jewelry, apparel, and several hot-prepared food merchants, including a full-service bar and grill. We currently have space available for businesses that would expand our variety of vendors while looking to attract tomorrow’s customer.
Amenities for Permanent Merchants
As a merchant, you will enjoy the following amenities:
- Access to your business space 7 days a week
- Security provided by DK Services and Guardian Alarm Services
- Full service facility staff and general maintenance for all common areas including cafe and bathrooms
- Recycling and garbage receptacles and pick-up
- Free wi-fi for you and your customers
- On-site ATM
- Ice available on site for $10 per month
- Parking spaces available through the City of Lansing for $25 each per month, for up to two
- Recent data shows an average of 330 patrons shop the City Market each week
- The City Market administers general marketing for the facility on a frequent basis through press releases, Facebook (with nearly 10,000 fans), Twitter (reaching over 4,000 followers) and other social media avenues
- We distribute a weekly newsletter to approximately 2,500 subscribers and a monthly email to over 8,000 subscribers
- At no charge, we include updated merchant specials in our frequent marketing communications to better advertise your business
- Merchants are provided with a profile on our website
Leasing & Seasonal Options
All permanent leases for indoor spaces are invoiced on a monthly basis and are based on the square footage of the space.
Kitchen Space Annual Lease = $1.60/sq. foot*
Interior Building Space Annual Lease = $1.55/sq foot*
Seasonal Lease (6-months) = $1.75/sq foot*
Basic electricity and common area fees are included in the prices. Additional electricity for coolers and large equipment will be billed separately.
* Pricing based on 2015-2016 rates and vary by location
All temporary vendors are invoiced the day or week of arrival. Rent = $20 per day or $75 per week. Some vendors choose to be at the market every Saturday year round.
For more information or to schedule a tour, please contact Audrey, the Market Manager, at 517.483.7460 or at email@example.com.